Sunday, January 11, 2015

Hunter Receives His Mission Call - December 8, 2014

Sorry I can't write much today because we are going on a two day vacation from Copan Ruins ha ha ha.  No really, this area is so far away from everyone and everything.  We have the Mission Christmas Celebration tomorrow, so today we have to go two or three hours to get to La Entrada de Copan.  Hermana Gardner and her companion will be heading up to the sisters' house there tonight as well.  So we will all pretty much be sleeping on the floor tonight.   The mission will be sending a bus to pick us up from the Entrada tomorrow at 6 in the morning... so fun.  Then after the Christmas celebration, we will all come back home and go chill out at Hermana Gardner's house in La Florida, sleeping on the floor again tomorrow, because we will have a district meeting bright and early Wednesday, and it just isn't worth it to go all the way to the ruins and then back to La Florida on Wednesday. There's not even a bus that leaves at that early hour if we even wanted to take it, so yeah.... we will be out on that adventure for two days.  The only thing I don't like so much about the buses here is that it really is the bumpiest, curviest ride you can go on in Honduras to get here!  Tons of people get sick.  They have paper bags like an airplane for people to barf in ha ha ha ha.  So the buses always smell really bad because everyone just gets so nauseated on the curvy jungle mountain trip.  
 
Addi, Hermana Johnson's 8 year old cousin who selflessly came up with the idea to make friendship bracelets for the kids in Honduras and send them to them.  She made plenty to share and brought PLENTY of joy and smiles to the children there.  See Hermana Johnson's comments about the bracelets in her post dated October 6, 2014.


As you can see, the Honduran children love their gift from a sweet girl in the good ole' USA

I guess my Christmas packages will be up in San Pedro waiting for me in the Christmas meeting tomorrow, so we'll take them from there.  I don't know how the others will get to me.  We shall see what happens.  

Don't worry about sending me jackets or blankets, there are a bunch of blankets in our house from other sisters, and blankets are super cheap here as well.  

We had two more little mice in our house this week.  Eeek!  Any ideas on how to get rid of them?    

I am so so, so excited for Hunter's Mission Call!!!!!!!!  It came on Thursday didn't it?  It was really weird because Wednesday night before going to bed I felt the most terrible nervous feeling like when I got my own mission call, so I felt like he hadn't opened anything yet. But then Thursday night I felt the most peaceful feeling before going to bed like I knew that he had opened it already and that he would be going just where he needed to be.  I felt like he would be happy there.  I am so happy for him.  He will do a wonderful job.  But if it's not too much to ask, I want you people to wait to buy suits and shampoo and ties and shoes and all those things until I get back because I want to help with all of that.  We can start shopping the very day I get back to be able to have it all ready early and good.
 
Another Johnson missionary going out to serve!!  Hunter is going to the Michigan Lansing Mission!

Thank you so much for all your love and support.  Congrats HUNTER!!!! WHOOOOOOOO, I am so excited for you.  Start studying up on those scriptures, and I'll be there to practice with you all day every day before you head off.  Good luck in your finals little buddy!   

Hermana Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment