Saturday, September 27, 2014

Work is Going Great! - August 25, 2014

Dad sounds very sad in his letter with all his kids leaving home... But don´t worry because we´ll always come to visit!  My family is the most important thing in the whole wide world.  Don´t worry so much.  The only thing that would be worse than us running off would be us sticking around doing nothing!  It´s just that now we´ve got to go start learning some new things on our own; always remembering the good things mom and dad have always taught us to guide us on our way.

I would now like to take the time to wish mom a very happy birthday this week.  She´s always been a lady worth celebrating.  She´s always so very thoughtful of others, and forgets herself just a bit too often, so go do something special together!  I love you so very much mom.  Thanks for always listening and supporting me.
 
Baking cupcakes with one of my favorite families!  I know it's a little late for Easter, but ovens are hard to come by here.
I hope Hunter likes all his roommates.  Sometimes getting to know new people can be difficult. I can relate... ha ha ha JK, but perhaps there will be those that he can really love.  Like my room roommate Mary and I seemed like a weird combo, but we ended up super buddies as we both love reality TV, the arts, making cupcakes together, and have a great appreciation for all things Asian.  Couldn´t get any better than that right?  There´s always something to be learned from everyone you meet.  So Hunter just put your best foot forward, you´re just a super nice, super handsome, super smart young man and everyone will want to be your friend so just be happy and keep calm and carry on.  Whatever bad issue that may arise I´m always here to support you.  Look, I´m here in Honduras with companions from the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, El Salvador, Bolivia... and if I can do it, and I´m super ornery and like to be right all the time, well you surely can do a far better job.  

This week we had four investigators go to church. That´s few for other places in the world but here that´s really super good.  

In other news, I hope you could all see the photo of Javier and Cesar that I sent. If you remember they are awesome, amazing young men we taught and baptized from our old area. They went to the temple this past week!  whoooooooooooooooooooo!  Hermana Mejia's mother is from Tegucigalpa where the temple is and just happened to be at the temple the very same day they were and miraculously recognized them from the pics Hermana Mejia sent home and went and took their pic and sent it to us.  How cool is that?!

Javier (far left), another member and Cesar at the Tegucigalpa Honduras Temple
Also,  transfers will be coming up next week, so we´ll see who will be heading off.  They will let us know next Monday.   I really loved the quote mom sent because it´s the best advice I could have right now.  That we should try to help everyone, but if we can´t help them that at least we shouldn´t hurt them.  Sometimes all somebody needs is someone to sit by their side and listen to them, no matter how silly their problem might seem to us.  If to them it is a big deal, well perhaps we can just stick around for a moment to listen as to the Why it´s such a big deal.  If we can´t do anything for them, why must it be our first instinct to contend or say they´re crazy or that things don´t make sense.  Being patient is one of the most Christlike attributes out there and one of the hardest to obtain.   But things are going well.  I know I am where I am to help and to learn new things myself  from others.

I love you all and thank you for all your love and support.  I hope you all have a great week! 

Hermana Johnson     

No comments:

Post a Comment