Monday, August 18, 2014

The Foods of Honduras - July 14, 2014

Tell Mark´s family hi, and tell Addi thanks so much for being so very thoughtful to remember the kids in Honduras by volunteering to make them handmade bracelets!  Wow, so sweet!!  They will be so excited!  I hope Mark's family has a fun time visiting Utah this week.

And we thought the portions were large in the U.S.
 We went to a Chinese restaurant for P-day today!  There are actually quite a lot of people from China and the Philippines here in Honduras.  The Chinese own the port of Puerto Cortes... one of Honduras´s most valuable economic assets I would say and it all belongs to China.  It was pretty funny today at the restaurant as the Chinese waitress was having a hard time speaking Spanish and couldn´t understand Hermana Luna, but somehow understood my Spanish even though I´m a gringa (I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not?)ha ha ha.  Things that only could happen in Honduras
 
This is what I eat for breakfast everyday...a beautiful bowl of mangos!

The baleadas of Honduras. A missionary favorite!! Very similar to a quesadilla in the U.S. only yummier!  Always accompanied by hot sauce and pepsi

A large amount of beverages come in a bag... water and milk always come in a bag such as this.  You just bite a whole in it and drink up!
Things are going great here.  .Thanks for all your love and support!  I love you all so very much.

Hermana Johnson

1 comment:

  1. Brie, that Chinese food looks yummy. Was it as good as it looks?

    ReplyDelete