Friday, June 13, 2014

Happy Hump Day!  Hermana Johnson at the Half Way Mark - May 19, 2014

Thanks so much for writing.  I am so grateful to have a family that writes me every single week without fail.  The majority of missionaries aren´t so lucky.  At last we finally had a zone activity for Pday.  We went to El Caljon, which is pretty much the Hoover Dam of Honduras.  We were just excited to not just grocery shop and clean the house for once ha ha ha.  It was cool to see, and we got lots of awesome photos. 
Jumping for joy to be at El Caljon Dam!

Enjoying the beauty of El Caljon Dam
Right now in Honduras it is Mango season.  Whooooooooooooo!!! We all eat 2 or 3 or 8 mangos every single day.  Green ones, red ones, any type of mango you can think of we´ll be eating them all this month and next month.  Our investigators have been giving us a bunch lately as everyone has so many lately they don´t even know what to do with them. I am enjoying the fact as well that here a mango just slightly smaller than my head only costs a quarter.  Wow, I love Honduras! 
The mangos people gave us in just one day... they really like us a lot!
In other news, our cute little investigator continues to amaze me.  When we go to visit him he invites his cousins and his friends, members, non members and less actives.  When we went to visit Tuesday we thought it´d be with just him out on his front porch, but 6 young teenage boys were awaiting us when we arrived and bought us a big bottle of Banana Pop to say thanks for coming.  My goodness that kid continues to be too good to be true.  And he reads his Book of Mormon and asks tons of great questions.  Idk why I always end up teaching young teenage boys but I am so happy I get to teach them.  And when we asked him this week, if he received his answer that the Book of Mormon is true and will you be baptized?  He said of course I´d get baptized! What´s the use of knowing something if you´re not going to do anything about it?   He´s just so funny but he´s so full of excitement and ready and willing to follow the example of our Savior each day and invites others to do the same.  If only all our members could be a little more like him the whole world would already be members. 
 
I really liked seeing Hunter´s seminary grad picture.  Lookin' pretty handsome.  Yes, like mom all I can think of when I see him all cute and dressed up like that is what a fine missionary he will be.  Far better than his sister because he just has such a way of making everyone feel so loved and welcome. 

Tell Ryan congrats on getting back from his mission, and thanks so much for being so thoughtful with the flag he brought. I know he was a stellar missionary and will be greatly missed in Georgia.  I am excited you saw the Wongs!  I hope you told them hello for me!

Öther things that happened this week..... we made more cupcakes during the district meeting and the American elders in our zone were the most excited of all.  They came up to us hermanas as we put them in the oven, and all asked so sheepishly," Can we please frost the cupcakes for you hermana, it´s just been so long since we´ve been able to do that?"  ha ha ha so yes we let the elders frost the cupcakes, but I forgot my camera that day. Darn!  They actually did a pretty good job, drawing stars and smiley faces.  We were actually pretty impressed!

I love you all so very much, and hope this letter finds everyone happy and healthy and having a wonderful week! 

Love,
Hermana Johnson   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment