Monday, August 19, 2013

Temple Service

There are many things missionaries are asked to do as they prepare for full-time missionary service.  Read the Book of Mormon again, research their family history, practice Preach My Gospel Lessons, watch "The District"... the list goes on and on.  But one of the things I've enjoyed the most in preparing for a mission is attending the temple.  Our stake asks us to go 30 times after receiving our call and so I made sure to fulfill that goal.  In order to do this there were some days I went to the temple 3 or 4 times in just one day.  Ha ha, but it was worth it.


 Here we are taking Parker to do baptisms for his first time.  My 29th temple trip.  They let me do baptisms even though I was endowed because I was leaving for my mission in a week and my Uncle Paul and Parker were visiting from the very distant land of England.  Unique circumstances will get you far

 Below is temple trip number 30.  Whoooooo!  I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple with my mom and my good friend, Katy Bready.  Katy is leaving for her mission the same day as I am, so we've been able to do a few temple trips together.  We actually even got our calls the same day!  She'll be going to Louisville Kentucky.


And here I am packing up to head out!  I look so attractive after midnight... Wish me luck!  I'll see you all again in 18 months!  The things I think I will miss the most are... watching "Duck Dynasty" and "Modern Family" with all my relatives, listening to music (especially K-Pop and My Chemical Romance), staying up late and sleeping in, eating all the good food America offers, sleeping in my own purple bed, reading manga, wearing cute shoes... and pants, and getting to see my family.  I hope to make my family proud.  Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment